Focus is Key: Learn from a U.S. Karate Olympic hopeful | Finding 10,000 Ways | ep013
December 21, 2020
What do you get when you cross an U.S. Karate olympic hopeful with a successful business owner?
A business advisor with grit who leads by example through hard work, determination, and perseverance.
In this ep013 of “Finding 10,000 Ways”, I had the pleasure to speak with Elisa Au, U.S. Karate Olympic hopeful, business owner, and business advisor at Cultivate Advisors.
A question that came up was,
How do you have confidence to persevere when you’re creating your own structure?
The simple answer…
It starts with focusing on behaviors and not just outcomes.
In this episode we chat about:
– What makes you an expert?
– What does it mean to be an “Olympic Hopeful”?
– What have you learned about breaking down goals?
– Do you have a productivity model for do vs due?
– What have you learned about perseverance through your journey?
– How do you have confidence to persevere when you’re creating your own structure?
– How do you lead by example when you personally don’t know the skill?
– How do you practice active listening?
– Why does everything start with “you”?
– What is your advice to a business owner?
Enjoy episode 013 of “Finding 10,000 Ways”- interviews to enable aspiring Business Leaders, Industry Experts, and Thought Leaders to learn from the reflections of their peers’ mistakes, failures, and fears along their on-going journey to success.
Are you a business advisor or consultant?
Let’s chat about how we can make your clients’ businesses grow through a simple, yet effective marketing strategy.
– – –
“Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones” by James Clear
“Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance” by Angela Duckworth
– – –
Guest Elisa Au
Business Advisor with Cultivate Advisors
Olympic hopeful for 2020 (2021) Tokyo : Karate
– – –
Host: Marcel Krawczyk, Founder | Little Jack Marketing